Do YOU have a PASSION for COMPASSION?
We are seeking an Operations Assistant Intern
By December 31, send cover letter, resume and two references to Chris Dunker, Vice Chair
at email@example.com with “Operations Assistant” in the subject line.
Reports To: Founder
This 4 month intern position is ideal for a college student to be a valuable contributor to the overall success of our board. For 8-10 hours a week, you are the first point of contact for Firefighters for Healing. You provide stellar customer service, have the capacity to direct inquiries to the right board contact and have the ability to problem solve. This position provides administrative support for the Founder and vice chair. Someone in this role should be quick on their feet, mature and able to juggle multiple and essential functions.
Who are we looking for?
This intern position is perfect for someone who thrives at project management and juggling multiple projects for various people. We are looking for someone who is driven to succeed and is able to work with confidence. At Firefighters for Healing we use our time wisely and work smart. This role requires efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality is a must. Additionally, we want someone who is patient and kind to our potential sponsors, contacts and volunteers while interacting with them on the phone, via email or in person. Finally, we are looking for someone who wants to have a positive impact on our mission.
- Manage the founder’s calendar and provide day‐to‐day support
- Manage the general email inquiries
- Open and document mail delivery
- Direct requests to/from the Board members
- Maintain & prepare prospect packages
- Track special event attendance
Do you like any of this language added in or would you like this created as a checklist for the interview evaluation:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Professional: customer service driven with a positive, professional and helpful attitude
- Planning and project management skills: reviews the varied areas of work, plans ahead and manages each project in an efficient and effective manner while ensuring the highest level of customer service to all parties
- Careful attention to detail
- Self‐starter: motivated to deliver high quality information and customer service
- Solution‐oriented: takes confident and quick action to fully understand the situation, seek answers and resolve the situation in a timely manner with limited direction
- Practical Assessment Skills: quick ability to assess a situation, investigate the surrounding information and can find solutions or make recommendations that will ensure the satisfaction of both parties
- Open, honest and transparent with a strong ability to connect with others via phone, email and in person
- Strong ability to work well with others
- Eager to be part of a dynamic, high energy team
- Ideal candidate has minimum 2 years of previous experience in a comparable support role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple, detail‐oriented tasks in a fast‐paced, virtual environment